Homesweet
I have made no bones about the fact that I did not, in fact, buy a house. I bought a porch that just happened to have a house ATTACHED to it. That's how that worked out.
Some years I feel quite frisky come spring and I drag out the hose and the buckets of warm soapy water and the scrub brushes and I spent the first passingly warm (but not warm enough) Spring day scrubbing all the dirt and lint and cobwebs and bugs off my porch until it gleamed. Then I would immediately realize it needed painted and (sometimes) I would do that.
This was not one of those years. I scrubbed it, yes. But I just can't get motivated to paint when it's only 60 degrees and apparently going to be damp all summer.
Instead I'll just enjoy my photos of my porch of year's past and close my eyes and pretend it looks that way now.

2 comments:

hallie said...

a good porch is without question the high water mark of all human achievement.
you don't have to take my word for it; ask the birds. and the insects. and every other living thing that moves onto your porch THE INSTANT YOU TURN YOUR BACK.
it's true.
but you do have a great porch, honey. ;D

Kymberly Foster Seabolt said...

you don't have to take my word for it; ask the birds. and the insects. and every other living thing that moves onto your porch THE INSTANT YOU TURN YOUR BACK.
---
So true my dear. SO TRUE!