If lovin' to save is wrong, I don't wanna be right ...

I know that volunteer service is supposed to be all about selflessly helping HUMANITY and really, it is.

That said, is it WRONG to cadge a few bargains along the way?

A few weeks ago I signed up to volunteer at a local Habitat For Humanity ReStore as part of Disney's Give a Day, Get a Day program. (Which, right there, kind of takes some of the 100% selflessness out of the equation and replaced it with a heaping dollop of greed and avarice).

Anywho, Mike stopped by there yesterday to get the lay of the land after I "discovered" this place (which has actually existed for years without my knowledge).

His haul yesterday was unBELIEVABLE.

One North Face brand 4-season tent. $599 retail. Purchase price $18.

One Stihl Pro Line trimmer (insert lots of technical stuff here that will impress gearheads but really, do we CARE?) $329+ retail. Purchase price $60.

I'd say it was a great day in the bargain hunting trenches.

No comments: