Remotely addicted

So the remote control for the TV/Cable box died this morning.

It may or may not have (allegedly) been a homicide.

A hot cup of coffee and poor morning motor skills may (allegedly) have been involved.

Now the "3" works and the volume works (but only goes up, not down, which is fun at 5 a.m.)

Before anyone gets all uppity with the "you COULD just walk over and change the channel loser!" let me assure you that no, you can't. I tried.

Okay, I thought about trying but I know from experience that you cannot control the cable television box in anything beyond the most rudimentary way without the remote. The remote is the key to all cable happiness.

So I called and, of course, there is no technical fix available via telephone for "customer doused remote in hot coffee." Poor planning and distinct lack of knowledge of their customer base if you ask me. Are you listening Comcast? Waterproof Remote Controls. That would work.

Now I get to drive 30 minutes each way to replace the remote. The sad thing? That doesn't bother me - it's my fault after all - it's waiting nearly three whole hours until they open at 9:00 a.m. that's going to make me all kinds of crazy.

Would meeting the employees in the parking lot as they arrive look desperate?

3 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

Thanks for the suggestion! :) I will pass it along. Hopefully you have a brand new remote control now.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Happy Holidays,

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Kymberly Foster Seabolt said...

Oh my goodness! I'm not sure whether to be moved beyond belief (Comcast listens!)

Or a little bit scared (Comcast is stalking me?)

Now they are also well aware that I am a remote abuser. This probably goes in my permanent record.

Kymberly Foster Seabolt said...

But P.S. They were super nice. I walked into the lobby and they didn't even bat an eye or ask for an account. The nice man behind the counter just handed me a new one and wished me well.

Two Thumbs Up for Comcast! This almost makes up for making me get all those stupid little add on cable boxes. Almost.