Your Government At Work

Actual Conversation I had with a County Office Yesterday (Paraphrasing but you get the jist):

Them: "Yes, the documents you sent us? They are good but not quite right. We can't use them this way, I need you to send a bit more information?"

Me: "Sure. No Problem. Sorry. So can  you give me an idea what you are looking for so I can get it to you quickly without issues?"

Them: "Well, we aren't ALLOWED to tell you what to send. You just have to send it."

Me: Silence.

Me: ??

Me: "What the heck?"

Me: "So ... let me get this straight. You can tell me that what I DID send is wrong? But you are not ALLOWED to tell me what you DO need that would be right?"

Them: "Yes."

Okay Really? REALLY?

Since when is local government operating on a "we could tell you, but then we'd have to kill you" basis?

No comments: