Talkin' The Talk

hWe are home from "The Talk."

"The Talk" has consumed our thoughts, plans, and dread fear of freezing like a deer in the headlights in front of a roomful of lovely women for weeks. Okay, that last one was all mine. Mr. Wonderful and the little wonders were most consumed with packing bathing suits and planning their assault on one of the many water slides.

"The Talk" was the result of a very kind invitation of Heather Schofield of Dairy Farmers of America (DFA) who bravely in light of my complete novice status as a public speaker invited me to speak on a general topic of social media and the value it can add to our lives as the ladies session during a three day conference held in the beautiful Cherry Valley Lodge and Cocoa Key Resort

It was my pleasure in every sense of the word. 

If any of the ladies who so kindly attended happen up on this blog I would like to thank them, from the bottom of my nerdy little writer's heart, for being so welcoming to someone who normally works in the silent, solitude of home in pajama pants and one of her husband's old tee-shirts.

They came, they listened - even better they RESPONDED and brought their own wonderful ideas. I think I learned as much from them as they could even politely pretend to have learned from me.

1 comment:

Leontien said...

You did absolutly great!
Heather must be pretty pleased she asked you!

Thanks!
Leontien